Central Community Health Centre
Are you interested in working in an organization where the team and professional standards are highly valued, where quality of care and the quality of employee working life is respected?
Central Community Health Centre (CCHC) is a non-profit, charitable, community governed organization dedicated to providing the best possible programs and services for our clients and our community.
Position: Systems Navigator – Volunteer – 3 to 3.5 hours per week
The Service Navigator position provides an opportunity to address real and systemic barriers to services that may be amplified by poverty, inequity and intersecting personal identities by:
• Engaging clients through empathetic, supportive, open-minded, and non-judgmental communication and support.
• Provide transportation assistance and accompaniment to government offices.
• Assist clients with applications for identification and services, both online and paper based.
• Troubleshoot when applications are not accepted.
• Facilitate payments for clients without income or low income, such as ODSP, CPP, CPP-D or OAS
• Identify other community resources in place to assist clients
Position: Program Facilitator – Volunteer – 4 hours per week
- Develops direction and materials for the Seniors Mental Well – Being program
- Prepares and plans activities and events
- Creatively contribute ideas for new projects, activities, and programs
- Set up and takedown of program space as required
- Documents qualitative, and potentially quantitative feedback from participants
- Provides support to participants as needed
- Assists in the promotion of the program
- Ensures all duties are performed in a safe manner; reporting any items and/or issues that need attention to supervisor and/or Joint Health & Safety Committee
- Participates on committee work as assigned by the Program Coordinator
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Program Coordinator or designate
Please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CCHC is committed to fulfilling its obligation to employees in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Human Rights Act of Canada, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Employment Standards Act of Ontario.
Central Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We believe diversity among our staff and volunteers enriches our organization and enhances service to our clients.
Thank you to all who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CCHC encourages a scent-free environment. Employees, students, volunteers, and visitors are asked to refrain from wearing fragrances and other scented personal care products (i.e., perfumes, deodorants, lotions, hairspray, etc.) while at the Centre.
COVID 19 is an ongoing concern. All staff, contractors, students and volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (which includes all recommended doses and boosters), subject to human rights exemptions. If onsite, all individuals must complete a self assessment using the following link https://covid-19.ontario.ca/screening/worker/ and email results to email@example.com