Central Community Health Centre
Are you interested in working in an organization where the team and professional standards are highly valued, where quality of care and the quality of employee working life is respected?
Central Community Health Centre (CCHC) is a non-profit, charitable, community governed organization. Our interprofessional team provides primary health care, health promotion and prevention programs and services to residents of Central Elgin, St. Thomas and Southwold Township.
Position: Chiropodist – Permanent Full-Time – 37.5 hours per week
Region: Central Elgin, St. Thomas and Southwold Township
CCHC is seeking a Full Time Chiropodist to perform assessment, diagnosis, treatment, health education, counseling, and other clinical foot care activities according to the College of Chiropodists of Ontario. The Chiropodist acts as an advocate on behalf of CCHC’s target population, promoting health equity for all.
- Ensures chiropody resources, materials and equipment are maintained
- Contributes to chart documentation, participates in chart reviews and case conferences, and makes referrals to other health care providers where appropriate
- Participates in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of treatment, education, counseling and health promotion programs for individuals, families, and the community
- Other duties as may from time to time be assigned
- Participates in staff development and team meetings as requested.
- Graduate from a recognized school of chiropody
- Current registration with the College of Chiropodists of Ontario without limitations
- Experience as a chiropodist in a community health or hospital setting preferred
- Experience in program development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation an asset
- Proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications, including software used by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, to always maintain a professional attitude, to respond in a positive way to demanding issues, and to project a welcoming, friendly personality
- A second language is an asset
- Experience working with clients who have experienced trauma is an asset.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CCHC is committed to fulfilling its obligation to employees in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Human Rights Act of Canada, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Employment Standards Act of Ontario.
Central Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We believe diversity among our staff and volunteers enriches our organization and enhances service to our clients.
Thank you to all who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CCHC encourages a scent-free environment. Employees, students, volunteers, and visitors are asked to refrain from wearing fragrances and other scented personal care products (i.e., perfumes, deodorants, lotions, hairspray, etc.) while at the Centre.
COVID 19 is an ongoing concern. All staff, contractors, students and volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (which includes all recommended doses and boosters), subject to human rights exemptions. If onsite, all individuals must complete a self assessment using the following link https://covid-19.ontario.ca/screening/worker/ and email results to email@example.com