April 1, 2023
The COVID-19 Assessment Centre located at St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital will close as of Friday March 31, 2023. After this date, if you think you need a COVID-19 test, assessment, or treatment, you can:
- contact your pharmacy or locate the nearest pharmacy that provides COVID-19 testing
- contact your primary care provider (family doctor or nurse practitioner)
- call 811 or visit ontario.ca/health811 for more information about testing, assessment and treatment
- consult https://www.ontario.ca/assessment-centre-locations for an open assessment centre near you
If you think you have COVID-19 and are seeking treatment, don’t delay. You will need to start treatment within 5 days of the start of symptoms.
If you or your child have severe symptoms, call 911 or go to the Emergency Department.
For adults, severe symptoms include:
– Shortness of breath
– Chest pain
– Loss of consciousness
For children, severe symptoms include:
– Working hard or straining to breathe – for example, the lower chest is moving in more than normal when the child breathes, the child is grunting, or the child’s nostrils are flaring
– Bluish skin
– Unable to breastfeed or drink
– Very sleepy or difficult to wake
– Peeing less than usual
– Fever with rash
– Seizures or convulsions
– Fever in an infant younger than 3 months
If you are worried your child is seriously ill, call 911 or go to the Emergency Department.