1. Central Community Health Centre respects the independence and dignity of people with disabilities and offers services that include the use of assistive devices. We encourage users to seek support from staff and volunteers as they require it. We currently offer accessible washrooms, braille signage, wheelchair, walker, canes, automatic doors, emergency nurse pulls, and email.
2. Central Community Health Centre allows persons with disabilities to be accompanied by their guide dog or service animal unless the animal is excluded by law.
3. A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be welcomed at Central Community Health Centre premises and events with his or her support person. Central Community Health Centre will first obtain consent of disclosure from the client prior to discussing or releasing confidential personal information in the presence of a support person; as well, the support person will be asked to sign a confidentiality agreement prior to the disclosure of information.
4. Fees will not be charged for support persons for admission to Central Community Health Centre’s premises or events.
5. Central Community Health Centre will provide clients with notice in the event of a planned or unexpected disruption in the facilities or services.
6. The ultimate goal of Central Community Health Centre is to meet and surpass client expectations. Comments on our services regarding how well your expectations are being met are welcome and appreciated. Feedback regarding the way Central Community Health Centre provides services can be made by email, verbally, or suggestion box. All feedback will be directed to the Executive Director. Clients will receive a response within 7 working days.
7. A copy of this policy is available upon request by contacting the Executive Director. In addition, a copy of this policy is available on the Central Community Health Centre’s website at www.centralchc.com under About Us.